TomTom has introduced a new version of the world map
TomTom Company, the world's leading producer of solutions in the field of cartography and GPS navigation, has released updated maps of the world. The latest version features content and map coverage for the automotive, consumer, business and government purposes.
The presented maps cover over 350 million kilometers of roads and include more than 200 countries and make it possible to plot a route in 112 countries. The producer keeps expanding coverage for Angola, Kenya and Mozambique.
Using advanced TomTom maps, a user can enjoy a number of advantages and new features, such as:
- Bringing map coverage of Latvia streets to 100%;
- Adding 2.5 million addresses for navigation and geocoding to the U.S map;
- Updating 17,000 kilometers of roads on the map of Spain in order to enhance the routing;
- Emergence of signs and lines on the city roads and highways of Kuwait, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Qatar;
- Emergence of additional landmarks in 3D on the map of Southeast Asia and India, which significantly improves the visualization.Digital cartography and GPS navigation 10-07-2012