The website mapstor.com assists in organizing round-the-world trip World'sPIRIT
The website mapstor.com assists in organizing round-the-world trip World'sPIRIT, which is scheduled to start on August 3, 2008.
Many travelers dream about round-the-world trips. For every person this idea is filled with his own dreams and personal meaning. But there are common features that unite all of these ideas - a sincere desire to get acquainted with other people, nature, the results of human labour and the history of our common home - the planet Earth.
The car gave man the freedom of movement, the Internet - the freedom of communication.
This is the base upon which an open round-the-world trip World'sPIRIT is based.
Project participants are not passengers, they are active members: starting from choosing the route and navigating up to driving the SUV itself.
Basic principles of the project:
- Non-commercial project based on self-repayment;
- The trip is organized as a united project in the fixed time frame, with full coverage of the globe with a cross all meridians and three crossing of the equator;
- In order to attract more participants, the trip route is divided into stages with fixed starting and ending points;
- The route is covered by SUV. A transfer of equipment and supplies is carried out between continents by sea;
- Press materials of the trip are processed and published. Organizers plan to publish books, photo albums and a film about the trip;
- Each participant will find his name in the history of the first open round-the-world trip!
All details see here (Russian version only).Travelling with mapstor.com 20-07-2008